About This PDF
Assessment is an integral part of the learning process. The information we gather informs our program planning and delivery. It also provides us with ongoing data that helps us to better cater for individuals and to offer useful feedback to our students.
The assessments offered here are designed to uncover the degree of understanding each student has achieved in the Measurement & Geometry and Statistics & Probability strands of mathematics, and are written to fully support the Mathematics Achievement Outcomes Standards for Year 6 outlined in the Australian curriculum.
There are 36 tests containing 20 questions (9 tests per term), with four longer more comprehensive tests provided for an end of term review. Every Achievement Standard covered in this downloadable PDF resource is described in full, with the relevant ACARA code shown in each section of the test.
The assessments can be used in a number of ways:
- Complete and assessment test each week for the while class by distributing the test to each student.
- Select a test to match your classroom program
- Work with a small group who require support by sharing the reading of the questions, asking for oral answers, and keenly observing students' progress.
- Ask individual students to complete a test with teacher/ teacher aide assistance.
- Primary - Upper
- Achievement Standards Assessment