About This PDF
Downloadable PDF resources 3 and 4 in the Instant Lessons in Textiles and Design series have been written to extend upon and complement downloadable PDF resources 1 and 2, in this best-selling series of printable lessons.
Downloadable PDF resource 3 includes a range of fun and challenging activities that emphasise the safe practice of textiles skills, learning about fibres and fabrics, using equipment correctly and developing folio skills. They also explore key ethical issues facing the global textile industry. Student numeracy and literacy skills in this subject area will be enhanced through the completion of the worksheets and selected answers have been supplied to assist teachers to develop classroom discussion and for time-efficient marking.
- Safely using an iron and ironing press
- Drawing and annotation skills
- Natural and manufactured fibres
- Global ethics - pollution, work conditions, counterfeit goods, recycling, Fair Trade, Technological developments in textiles
- Practical sewing skills
- Costing and measurement activities
- Design case studies
- Practical design projects
- Small business skills
- Recycling, reusing and repurposing
- Secondary - Junior
- Technology & Design
- Instant Lessons