About This PDF
Laser Beams are chapter downloadable resources with exciting stories and wonderful illustrations. The eight downloadable resources in each set are carefully chosen so that students can progress steadily, increasing their confidence and ability levels.
Each set of Laser Beams helps your students gain the skills they need to become confident, eager readers.
This Teaching Guide is a valuable resource that helps you get the most out of a Laser Beams set. It contains a comprehensive range of activities that reinforce essential skills and strategies in a variety of fun-filled, interesting ways.
This Resource Includes:
- Comprehensive guided reading discussion points
- Additional activities that are linked to other KLAs and also enhance the story
- 4 blackline masters that integrate grammar, word study, comprehension strategies, critical thinking skills, text types and fun activities.
- Answers for blackline masters
- A complete unit of work of 10 blackline masters developed around the focus downloadable resource. This can be used for assessment or as part of a student’s portfolio.
The blackline masters include activities reinforcing:
- Grammar and punctuation
- figures of speech
- Test types (other than the one used in the story- diary writing, information reports, letters, precis writing, exposition, procedures, etc.
- Character studies
- Personal responses- attitude and feelings
- Other points of view
- Comprehension exercises
- Fun activities
- Primary - Upper