About This PDF
Successful Spelling provides an integrated method of teaching phonics, spelling and vocabulary. This downloadable PDF resource provides students with all the elements of spelling relevant to their age group. The activities are sequential and there are 76 units — 18 per term — plus four Review and Test units.
Each term is divided into the four areas of knowledge needed to develop a comprehensive mastery of spelling.
These four areas are:
- Phonological Knowledge — how words sound
- Word Function Knowledge — how word function can change spelling
- Meaning Knowledge — how context can change word form
- Word History Knowledge — how words have been derived
The Phonological Knowledge and the Word Function Knowledge sections include Revision and Test sheets for each term — plus four units of Review and Test sheets covering the whole resource.
The following tools are also included:
- Useful Words list
- WINK: Words I Need to Know — space to record problematic words
- Some Tips for Learning to Spell
- Assessment checklist for each term
- Glossary of Terms
This downloadable PDF resource will improve literacy skills through effective instruction and evaluation based on the latest research into how spelling is best taught and learned successfully.
- Primary - Lower
- Successful Spelling