About This PDF
The Targeting Grammar series presents detailed knowledge of the grammar of English and its application in spoken and written language. This downloadable PDF resource contains six sections with comprehensive teaching materials for:
Each section provides explicit teaching information and extensive background notes on each grammar concept as well as:
- Suggestions for ways to introduce specific grammar concepts to students.
- Exploring ideas to build understanding.
- 56 Printable work sheets designed for students to develop and explore the technical aspects of grammar and its application.
- 12 Assessment pages with allocated marks to allow teachers to evaluate, analyse and pinpoint areas of individual and class need. Marking grids to record these results are provided in the front of the downloadable PDF resource.
- Games that you can create and use over and over again to develop the metalanguage students need to successfully use and understand grammar. They’re fun too!
- Task cards to be copied and laminated for use in literacy centres or by students who require further practice.
- Word banks – useful lists of antonyms, compound words, homophones and many more…
- Answers – for work sheets, assessment pages and task cards.
- Primary - Lower