About This PDF
The ARK program was developed in response to the needs of Aboriginal students experiencing reading problems. The program has been extensively trialled and is now being used successfully with Aboriginal students, remedial reading students, students with English as a second language, students with learning difficulties and adults learning to read or improve their reading skills.
The games and activities in this downloadable PDF resource are an integral part of The ARK program. A different game has been provided for each new reading skill and all can be used in a variety of situations. Many of these activities can be used by small groups for revision and reinforcement.
The games and activities:
- are fun
- are a multi-sensory approach to learning
- provide revision of each skill
- are varied to hold the student's interest
- can be played at different levels
Key Features of The Ark
- All components are sequenced from easy to hard.
- Provides continual assessment of each student's progress.
- Each student has a tailored program.
- Students work at their present level of competence and speed.
- Students experience ongoing success
- Primary - Lower
- The ARK