About This PDF
The Achieve! series of History titles has been developed for teachers who require modified, curriculum-focused activities for secondary school students who struggle to read and comprehend regular classroom materials because of poor literacy skills. Many of the pages will also be suitable as supplementary material for regular classes.
The Ancient to the Modern World: The Vikings 1 downloadable PDF resource enables students to develop their historical knowledge and understanding of Viking society.
Units of work explore:
- The geographical spread and influence of the Vikings
- Their skills in boatbuilding and sailing
- The roles of raiding and trade
- The different classes in Viking society
- The significance of honour in their way of life
- and the achievements of Erik the Red.
Skills are developed through interpreting primary sources, studying change and continuity, and locating and categorising information.
- Secondary - Junior