About This PDF
Do you know people who are bewildered when faced with an urban street directory? Maths in Journeys introduces students to the skills they need to navigate street maps effectively. Students will engage and extend their problem-solving skills as they complete mathematical tasks to follow directions for tracing a journey on the supplied real-life Melways and Sydways maps. Answers are provided to make marking quick and easy.
Use Instant Lessons to supplement your existing resources, to extend student capabilities, for revision purposes, or for class work when the regular teacher is absent.
- Navigation skills
- Following directions on a map
- Using map scales
- Using map keys to locate features
- Speed, distance and time calculations
- Using a ruler to measure accurately
- Using a set of compasses to measure accurately
- Solving mathematical, measurement and logic problems
- Calculating average speed
- Secondary - Junior
- Secondary - Middle
- Instant Lessons