About This PDF
Understanding the language of maths is critical to understanding mathematical concepts. This literacy resource explores the use of mathematical concepts and calculations across the subjects of the school curriculum.
Each topic contains a list of words which are featured in a range of literacy activities for students of all ability levels. The activities provide an emphasis on interpreting, analysing, calculating how mathematics is integral to all areas of life.
- Agriculture - percentage, proportion, area
- Commerce - rates, interest, income
- Dance - time, fractions, compass points
- Food technology - problem solving, volume, capacity, cost
- Geography - scale, grid reference, interpreting graphs
- History - timelines, dimensions
- Metal - percentage, converting units, imperial system
- Photography - capacity, length, number sequences
- Secondary - Junior
- Secondary - Middle
- Instant Lessons