About This PDF
This downloadable PDF resource has been written in response to requests from teachers for material to help their students practise for NAPLAN* (National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy) tests well in advance of the actual tests in Years 3, 5, 7 and 9. Many teachers would like the opportunity to familiarise their students with the format and likely content of the tests the year before their students take the test. Students who have had this preparation are more likely to succeed, and find the test less stressful, than if they have had little or no pre-test preparation.
The focus of this resource is the numeracy component of the test paper for Year 3 students. The numeracy test covers four areas of mathematical study that are nationally recognised and upon which teachers base their assessments of students.
- Chance and Data
Each unit contains:
- THINGS TO KNOW (TTK) – indicates content the student should learn and be able to apply
- HINTS – assists students to approach questions correctly
- SLIPS – warns of common errors
- TRAPS – warns of the types of context in which students are prone to errors
* This is not an officially endorsed publication of the NAPLAN program and is produced by Blake Education independently of Australian Governments.
- Primary - Middle
- Maximising Test Results: NAPLAN*-style