About This PDF
This downloadable PDF resource has been written in response to requests from teachers for material to help their students practise for NAPLAN* (National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy) tests well in advance of the actual tests in Years 3, 5, 7 and 9. Many teachers would like the opportunity to familiarise their students with the format and likely content of the tests the year before their students take the test. Students who have had this preparation are more likely to succeed, and find the test less stressful, than if they have had little or no pre-test preparation.
The Year 5 numeracy test covers four areas of mathematical study that are nationally recognised and upon which teachers base their assessments of students.
- Chance and Data
This resource provides an invaluable resource for helping students improve their performance in numeracy tests. Teachers will be able to assess the performance of students using the four test papers provided in this downloadable PDF resource answers have been provided at the back.
Each unit contains:
- THINGS TO KNOW (TTK) – indicates content the student should learn and be able to apply
- HINTS – assists students to approach questions correctly
- SLIPS – warns of common errors
- TRAPS – warns of the types of context in which students are prone to errors
* This is not an officially endorsed publication of the NAPLAN program and is produced by Blake Education independently of Australian Governments.
- Primary - Upper
- Maximising Test Results: NAPLAN*-style