About This PDF
This downloadable PDF resource has been written in response to requests from teachers for material to help their students practise for NAPLAN* (National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy) tests well in advance of the actual tests in Years 3, 5, 7 and 9. Many teachers would like the opportunity to familiarise their students with the format and likely content of the tests the year before their students take the test. Students who have had this preparation are more likely to succeed, and find the test less stressful, than if they have had little or no pre-test preparation.
The Year 4 Language Conventions NAPLAN* tests are divided into three major strands: Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation. This downloadable PDF resource contains a section for each strand and explores each topic separately within the 26 units.
Each unit contains:
- an introductory section teachers can use to guide students through each topic, which includes THINGS TO KNOW, TRAPS and HINTS
- HAVE A GO! activities to reinforce learning through short sample questions
- STUDENT PRACTICE pages for each topic to test and consolidate students’ skills.
* This is not an officially endorsed publication of the NAPLAN program and is produced by Blake Education independently of Australian Governments.
- Primary - Middle
- Maximising Test Results: NAPLAN*-style