About This PDF
This downloadable PDF resource has been written in response to requests from teachers for material to help their students practise for NAPLAN* (National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy) tests well in advance of the actual tests in Years 3, 5, 7 and 9. Many teachers would like the opportunity to familiarise their students with the format and likely content of the tests the year before their students take the test. Students who have had this preparation are more likely to succeed, and find the test less stressful, than if they have had little or no pre-test preparation.
This resource is designed to provide a printable resource for teachers to prepare their Year 9 students for the annual national numeracy test program called NAPLAN. It focuses on mathematical problems that can be solved using a calculator.
Test 1 is annotated with the following helpful teaching features:
- HINTS – explain what the question is really asking students to do.
- TIPS – offer helpful tips for students to use when working out the correct answer.
- TRAPS – point out common errors or ways in which students may misinterpret the question.
- THINGS TO KNOW – outline key facts, definitions and mathematical knowledge that students need to learn before sitting the tests.
* This is not an officially endorsed publication of the NAPLAN program and is produced by Blake Education independently of Australian Governments.
- Secondary - Middle
- Maximising Test Results: NAPLAN*-style