About This PDF
Maths in the Asia Pacific is a collection of printable student work sheets that feature the application of mathematical knowledge and skills in engaging, real-world contexts. Travel, art, history, animals and geography are some of the topics used to provide fresh approaches for teaching Australian Curriculum content.
The activities will help students recognise how mathematical skills can be used in daily life. The work sheets are designed to be used in the classroom or for homework assignments across years 7 to 10.
Links to the Australian Curriculum can be found in the alignment grid on the inside front cover of this text. Work sheets 20 (Chinese numerals) and 21 (The abacus) are included as extension activities and have not been linked to the curriculum in the alignment grid.
- Number lines
- Fractions and percentages
- Time, distance and speed
- Calculating rates
- Reading and interpreting data
- Simplifying and applying ratios
- Tessellations, line symmetry and rotational symmetry
- Length, perimeter, area and volume
- Solving problems using 12-hour and 24-hour time
- Calculating means and percentages
- Secondary - Junior
- Secondary - Middle
- Instant Lessons