About This PDF
People have questioned the world around them for thousands of years, leading to an accumulation of scientific knowledge through the efforts of many. As Isaac Newton said, ‘If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.’
This series uses the work of individual scientists to give students a context in which to explore ideas from many branches of science, including biology, chemistry, geology and physics.
- Robert Goddard – Rockets
- Patricia Vickers- Rich – Fossils, dinosaurs and evolution
- Alan Turing – Computers
- Fiona Wood – Spray-on skin for burns
- Robert Jarvik – Artificial heart
- Martin Cooper – Mobile phone
- Fiona Stanley – Pregnancy, folic acid and spina bifida
- John Tyndall – Fibre optics
- Wallace Carothers – Nylon
- Howard Florey – Penicillin Gordon Gould – Lasers
and many more!
Each downloadable PDF resource in the Instant Lessons series is a collection of fresh and versatile worksheet activities which may be photocopied for student use. They are unique in providing the highest quality learning outcomes with instant usability.
Use them to supplement your existing resources, to extend student capabilities, for revision purposes, or for class work when the regular teacher is absent.
- Secondary - Junior
- Instant Lessons