About This PDF
People have questioned the world around them for thousands of years, leading to an accumulation of scientific knowledge through the efforts of many. As Isaac Newton said, ‘If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.’
This series uses the work of individual scientists to give students a context in which to explore ideas from many branches of science, including biology, chemistry, geology and physics.
- Rachel Carson – DDT
- Alec Jeffreys – DNA fingerprinting
- Karl Jansky – Radio telescope
- Russell Ohl – Solar cells
- Alexander Parkes – Plastics
- Albert Einstein – E = mc 2
- Jean Macnamara – Polio
- Philo Farnsworth – Television
- Willem Kolff – Kidney dialysis machine
- Edwin Hubble – Hubble telescope
- Percy Spencer – Microwave oven
- James Watson – DNA
and many more!
Each downloadable PDF resource in the Instant Lessons series is a collection of fresh and versatile worksheet activities which may be photocopied for student use. They are unique in providing the highest quality learning outcomes with instant usability.
Use them to supplement your existing resources, to extend student capabilities, for revision purposes, or for class work when the regular teacher is absent.
- Secondary - Junior
- Instant Lessons