About This PDF
This downloadable PDF resource has been written in response to requests from teachers for material to help their students practise for NAPLAN* (National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy) tests well in advance of the actual tests in Years 3, 5, 7 and 9. Many teachers would like the opportunity to familiarise their students with the format and likely content of the tests the year before their students take the test. Students who have had this preparation are more likely to succeed, and find the test less stressful, than if they have had little or no pre-test preparation.
This series focuses on teaching and consolidating the skills required to complete the Language Conventions components of the national literacy test program, NAPLAN*. Its purpose is to demystify the experience so that students can approach the testing knowing that they can perform to the best of their ability.
This resource contains:
- 39 work sheets or quick skills tests. Each work sheet targets a particular skill regarding spelling, punctuation and using language, and contains between 10 and 50 questions, providing students with ample opportunity to practise and master each skill.
- Succinct introductions and hints remind students of spelling and punctuation rules, language patterns and exceptions to rules.
- All the skills covered in the previous work sheets are brought together in a final practice test.
* This is not an officially endorsed publication of the NAPLAN program and is produced by Blake Education independently of Australian Governments.
- Secondary - Middle
- Maximising Test Results: NAPLAN*-style