About This PDF
Music Essentials is a series of printable worksheets for junior secondary Music students. This downloadable PDF resource Listening and Learning 2 follows on from Listening and Learning 1 with 20 further units of listening quizzes, with answers, that give students necessary skills in recognising and notating rhythms, simple melodies, dynamics and metre.
These quizzes cover melody (intervals from seconds to octaves), rhythm (beat numbers, dotted notes, drum kit notation and syncopation), tonality (major and minor), dynamics (crescendo, decrescendo, mp and mf), repeat signs and harmony (seventh chords and progressions). The final three units help students 'put it all together' as they notate a series of tunes.
Students will need a background in basic music theory - approximately AMED Grade 1 level for these quizzes, or at least know the pitch letter names from middle C to G above.
- Identifying intervals between played notes (from repeats up to octaves)
- Identifying major and minor tonality
- Understanding dotted notes in rhythms
- Hearing and notating pick-up bars (anacrusis)
- Identifying simple and compound metre
- Identifying and notating syncopated rhythms
- Learning drum kit notations
- Inserting repeat signs correctly
- Identifying chord progressions
- Identifying dynamics in a played rhythm
- Secondary - Junior
- Creative Arts
- Instant Lessons