About This PDF
Music Essentials is a series of printable worksheets for junior secondary Music students. This second downloadable PDF resource, Arranging, covers all the skills students need to arrange a piece of music for multiple instruments, starting with only a lead sheet (lyrics, tune and chords).
Elements of music theory - such as reading bass clef, transposing and chord inversions - are also woven into the activities to provide a solid theoretical foundation. Written in a lively and easy-to-follow style by experience music teacher, composer and author Tim Tuck, the units in this downloadable PDF resource take students step-by-step through arranging the folk song 'Banks of the Ohio' for voice and seven instruments.
Students will need a background in some basic theory - some of which is covered in Song writing PDF - for these activities.
- Reading musical scores
- Chord revision
- Understanding and using chord inversions
- Writing guitar tablature and rhythm guitar parts
- Writing parts for keyboard, bass guitar, flute, clarinet and saxophone
- Creating drum parts using special notation
- Writing harmony parts and counter-melodies
- Expanding a short arrangement into a longer song
- Secondary - Junior
- Creative Arts
- Instant Lessons