About This PDF
This Hospitality series is a collection of information and practical activities that provides students with essential skills for working in the hospitality industry. Many of these skills are also valuable practical life skills. Hospitality theory and practice is explored in a variety of real-life situations through practical activities, research tasks, consolidation questions, quizzes and revision exercises. Health, safety and security focuses on recognising hazards, workplace safety, food safety, food allergies and intolerances and industry standards.
Use the Instant Lessons to supplement your existing resources, to extend student capabilities, for revision purposes, or for class work when the regular teacher is absent.
- Recognising potential hazards
- Personal presentation for workplace safety
- Basic first aid
- Food poisoning and food safety
- Case studies of food poisoning incidents
- Requirements for food handlers
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Practical HACCP application
- Analysing food product labels
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Food safety promotion
- Secondary - Senior
- Instant Lessons