This Hospitality series is a collection of information and practical activities that provides students with essential skills for working in the hospitality industry. Many of these skills are also valuable practical life skills. Hospitality theory and practice is explored in a variety of real-life situations through practical activities, research tasks, consolidation questions, quizzes and revision exercises. Cooking and food presentation focuses on methods of cooking, nutrition, menu planning and food styling.
Use the Instant Lessons to supplement your existing resources, to extend student capabilities, for revision purposes, or for class work when the regular teacher is absent.
- Methods of cooking
- Cooking methods – practical exploration
- Practical investigation of microwaves
- Food preservation and causes of food spoilage
- Food production and processing
- Nutrition and dietary considerations of adolescents
- Sensory analysis of food
- Food presentation
- Food styling practical project